Thursday 11 October 2012

Top broadcaster Willie Mwangi quits Media to vie for Senatorship in Kirinyaga


Willie Mwangi

Veteran broadcaster Mr.Willie Mwangi has quit the media to join politics where he will be vying for a position of Senator in  Kirinyaga County.
The broadcaster who also teaches on part time at the Kenya Methodist University main campus in Nairobi also served in the Presidential Press Service (PPS) during the time of the former President Daniel Arap Moi rule under KANU.Below is the parting words of Willie Mwangi.
Today marks my last day at Milele FM a culmination of 30 years in the media.I know I've inspired many young men and women in the profession.I'm also aware millions of Kenya have been hearing my voice since the 80's when I was working with the Voice of Kenya now K.B.C. From KBC I moved over to Presidential Press Unit-now PPS,then to Citizen Radio and Television,Kameme FM,Iqra FM,Classic 105 and was then appointed Media Consultant Dept of Film Production at the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and then finally to Milele FM. But then in life one has to make decisions and therefore after resigning from Milele Fm I'm now in active politics vying for Senator-Kirinyaga County. God willing I will be attending the TNA aspirants forum at Kasarani on friday.I've also attended previous TNA forums at Ufungamano House Nairobi and Roswam Hotel Kerugoya. Before the general election I have taken up a job as a part time Lecturer at Kenya Methodist University main campus Nairobi. God Bless You all.
We at the Daily News Kenya wish him success in his quest for Senator in Kirinyaga County and thank him for many years he has worked in the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment